An individual detached house of immense style and remarkable attention to detail, characterised by wonderful high ceilings and enormous amounts of light. Secluded in south-facing gardens on a quiet village lane just half a mile from Meldreths mainline railway station.
Dolphin Lane is an attractive and peaceful lane situated in the heart of Melbourn, just off the village’s thriving High Street and within easy reach of its schools and science park. It is also a pleasant half-mile walk or cycle on a dedicated pathway to Meldreth’s mainline railway station (Cambridge c. 18 mins and London Kings Cross c. 69 minutes).
The property is tucked back from the lane in a sheltered, private plot and was carefully designed to face its main living space and gardens south-west into the afternoon and evening sun.
It was built in 2018 to a meticulous standard by a creative and exacting local developer with consideration for every detail. Its floor area gives little of the sense of volume its high vaulted ceilings provide and it is full of light, yet still feels every bit a warm and welcoming home. The centre piece of the property is the large open plan living area which features split-level flooring and offers a fantastic space for both modern living and entertaining.
The specification includes:
– Solid Ash, hand painted Kitchen cabinetry by Nicolas Hythe of St Ives with Quartz stone worksurfaces and integrated NEFF appliances.
– 3 luxury bathrooms with modern suites and porcelain tiling.
– Oak hardwood flooring to the stunning entrance area and living spaces.
– Quality fitted carpets to all 4 bedroom areas.
– Gas fired, wet underfloor heating system throughout with 6 separately controllable zones.
– High efficiency aluminium Reynaers double glazing including impressive 9ft high sliding doors in the main living space.
– Stunning 16ft long sky window situated along the beautiful entrance hallway by Sun Square of Bury St Edmunds.
– Painted timber front and rear doors by Kloeber
– A Woodwarm wood burning stove in the living space.
– Landscaped gardens and a low-maintenance bonded gravel driveway for 2/3 cars.
– Sandstone wrap-around patio areas and raised oak sleeper bedding.
– 10 year Buildzone construction warranty.
– Carefully chosen light fittings throughout included in the price.
– Feature external lighting to both front and rear of the property.
– TV and data points in each bedroom and multiply points carefully positioned through out the property.
– Weber monocouche through-coloured external render in chalk white requiring no decoration for 25 years.
– External Cedar cladding.
– Farrow and Ball internal decoration throughout.
Melbourn is popular, larger, historic south Cambridgeshire village about 7 miles south of the city between the A10 and A505.
Facilities in the village are excellent and the community is thriving. There is a broad range of local shops, services and healthcare, The Hub which is a superb community building and coffee shop, primary schools and Melbourn Village College, which is part of the Comberton Academy Trust.
The village has its own 17 acre Science Park, home to a broad range of companies and it’s own sports centre with a 20 metre pool and gym.
For commuters the A10 and A505 give excellent road access. Meldreth Railway Station (Cambridge c. 18 mins, London Kings Cross c. 69 mins) is less than a mile away with a pleasant cycle and pedestrian route to it.
There are major supermarkets and other facilities in Royston (3 miles) including a station with a 39 minute service to Kings Cross.