A very well proportioned three double-bedroom shared ownership house with first floor sitting room, long kitchen / dining room and south-east facing garden.
Fawcett Road is a small street off Hobson Avenue, a short walk from the excellent facilities in this part of Trumpington, including the new primary school, secondary school various parks, the library and public square and the guided busway that gives brilliant access into the city and the central railway station. The Addenbrooke’s Campus is less than a mile away across the neighbouring nature reserve.
The house does without the usual en-suite shower room, giving the space over to the three bedrooms instead, which makes them particularly generous. The sitting room is also on the first floor and on the ground floor is an impressive kitchen / dining room that runs front-to-rear and a cloakroom. There is excellent storage throughout the house and it is impressively light and very well kept.
There is a carport at the side giving parking and bike / bin storage. The rear garden faces south-east and is smartly landscaped for ease of maintenance including a timber deck and artificial lawn area. The carport extends into the garden providing either further storage space or a covered paved seating area.
The house is for sale as a 45% share with the remaining 55% retained by Flagship Homes for which a monthly rental of £540.12, including service charge, is payable. It is possible to staircase and buy a higher percentage over time, providing a viable alternative to having to move up the property ladder in the traditional way.
Trumpington is a thriving, fast growing part of the city that still manages to retain its village identity and sense of community. It is exceptionally well located for access into the Addenbrooke’s campus, out to the M11 and into the city by car, bus, guided bus, one of a few purpose built cycle routes, or even an enthusiastic walk. The city’s mainline station can be easily reached along the guided busway cycleway without having to mix with car traffic at all.
The area has three primary schools and a brand new state-of-the-art secondary school built in 2016 with excellent sporting facilities. Many of the city’s finest private schools are within easy cycling distance. There are also various restaurants, pubs, shops, a post office, barber, GP surgery, pharmacy, library and community centre. There is a major Waitrose supermarket and a Sainsbury’s local.
Trumpington Meadows nature reserve links Trumpington through to Byron’s Pool and Grantchester and there is a second country park between Trumpington and the Addenbrooke’s campus. Various bridleways and footpaths lead immediately out into the countryside towards Harston, Haslingfield, Barton and Grantchester.