A beautifully designed, meticulously executed individual new home in a secluded, leafy setting. Full of warmth and style and with excellent ecological credentials.
The Glebe is a lesson in fastidious attention to detail.
Its site is at the edge of the village surrounded by mature trees, meadow and horse paddocks and from its inception the developer was determined to create a home that made the very most of this unique setting. It was individually architect designed to respect the vernacular architecture of the string of villages that sit along this part of the Cambridgeshire / Essex border but to stand proudly as an example of contemporary design and modern ecological sensibility.
The accommodation covers a little under 3000sqft / 278sqm, though it feels immediately larger due to the wonderful amounts of light and dramatic volume of the main central living space, which is oriented with its windows facing south.
The detail of its build is too extensive to list here, though the highlights include:
Efficiency and ecology:
• 5000 litre rainwater harvesting tank
• 14 solar PV panels
• Aluminium / timber composite double glazing
• High-efficiency gas underfloor / radiator heating
• Wall-inset wood burning stove
• Exceptional A energy rating, 95/100
• Bespoke hand-crafted Neptune kitchen, utility and larder
• Brass switches, sockets and light fittings
• Bespoke dressing room furniture
• Beautiful floorings including hardwood parquet and Laura Ashley tile
• Farrow and Ball decoration
• Nest digital, remote-controlled heating
• Multi-room audio
• Brick, flint and oak clad walls
• Powder-coated aluminium rainwater goods
• Triple garage / cart lodge
• Professional hard and soft landscaping
The property is now fully completed and ready for immediate occupation and comes with the reassurance of a 10 year build warranty, manufacturers’ warranties on all the appliances and Neptune’s own lifetime guarantee on the kitchen.
It is very well located for commuting access to:
• Great Chesterford mainline station (Cambridge 13 mins, London Liverpool Street 68 mins): 1.5 miles.
• The Wellcome Genome Campus: 1.8 miles.
• Chesterford Research Park: 2 miles.
• Granta Park: 6 miles.
• The Addenbrooke’s Campus: 9.5 miles.
Facilities within Ickleton village include a historic pub / restaurant, a village shop and post office and a recreation ground with playground and skate park.