A striking, individual detached new build in an enormously desirable village about two miles south-west of the Cambridge city boundary.
The property is a high-quality, contemporary new build, carefully designed and executed to respect the historic village, whilst providing wonderful modern living, centred around a fabulous two storey glazed entrance and built to maximise light and energy efficiency.
The accommodation provides:
– An impressive, large vaulted hallway with cloakroom off.
– A quadruple-aspect kitchen / dining / living space.
– A large dual-aspect sitting room with doors opening south on to the rear garden.
– A part galleried first floor landing looking through dual-height glazing.
– A delightful master bedroom with tall ceilings, roof windows, en-suite and a Juliet balcony looking out towards farmland.
– Two further generous bedrooms, again with tall ceilings and roof windows.
– A bright family bathroom with roof light.
– Downstairs cloakroom.
– Detached garage with side door access.
The specification includes:
– Super-insulated SIPS construction with rendered elevations, handmade roof tiles and high-efficiency factory-finished Kloeber timber glazing.
– High specification kitchen and utility room including integrated appliances and quartz worksurfaces.
– Porcelain tiled bathrooms.
– Bi-folding doors from the main living space on to a south-facing Indian Stone terrace with lawned, walled garden beyond.
– Engineered oak flooring in the living room, porcelain tiles in the hall, kitchen and bathrooms, carpets in the bedrooms.
– Oil central heating with underfloor downstairs and radiators upstairs.
– Paved driveway leading to the detached garage.
– 10 year building warranty from Buildzone.
Barton is amongst the most desirable of the south Cambridge villages, thanks to its charming character and countryside, which surrounds it providing numerous pleasant walks including to Grantchester and Coton nature reserve, but also due to its excellent commuter links into Cambridge and London.
There are purpose built cycleways alongside the A603 providing a particularly good commute into Cambridge by bike and a bridleway over to Grantchester which serves as part of a 4.5 mile cycle commute to Addenbrooke’s Hospital and the Cambridge Biomedical Campus.
Access to the M11 is approximately 1 mile away whilst the nearest train stations are Foxton and Great Shelford, which are approximately 6 and 5 miles away, providing twice hourly trains into London and Cambridge.
The village has a particularly good range of facilities for its size including a post office and general store, two pubs, a recreation ground, meadow and an Oftsed ‘Good’ Primary School that feeds into Comberton Village College and Sixth Form. It is also home to Burwash Manor Barns, a collection of independent shops, a café and exhibition venue that runs various events throughout the year.